Monday

Criminal Pictures in NewsPaper

What is the purpose of showing a criminal in a large photograph with his face covered? It reminds me of a cartoon of a foundation stone ceremony where no face was visible as everyone was looking down to see the stone being laid.


If a criminal or alleged criminal is caught, in fact, his photo should be clearly published so that many more will identify him and more information, either positive or negative, will be available to handle the case in more way that is justifiable.
What is the purpose of covering their face? A person, who has done something wrong, has to be exposed. Why the authorities should think of his feeling shy in such a context? If there is a different view on this, I would only be happy to educate myself and correct my view.

I also feel that the officer concerned, who handle the case, do not wish to share the credit for a prize catch, in such instances.

No comments:

Post a Comment